The mixture of harmful, poisonous, and unwanted substances that affects the health of the people and the environment is known as pollution. Pollution has become one of the biggest challenges in today’s world. Due to urbanization and industrialization, pollution has increased a lot. In the present times, different countries and organizations have brought different initiatives for controlling pollution.
All the people want quality and healthy life. For quality and healthy life, they need a better and pollution-free environment. Pollution has adverse effects on the health of the people. So, we all have to work together to make our environment pollution-free. In this article we will discuss about Essay on Pollution of environment, types of pollution and causes, effects, and control measures of pollution.
Types of Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
Generally, there are four types of pollution. They are :
- Air Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Noise Pollution
- Land Pollution
Air Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
The mixture of air with unwanted, harmful, and poisonous substances that degrades the quality of the air and has a negative impact on the health of the environment, living beings, plants, and animals is called Air Pollution. According to the research, Human Beings breathe about 20,000 times a day. So it is pretty clear, how dangerous air pollution can be.
The major reason for increasing air pollution is industrialization. Due to the increase of different industry which releases different types of poisonous and harmful gases, smoke which is the major reason for increasing the air pollution. Old Vehicles are also the reason for increasing air pollution which releases smoke, harmful gases.
Some of the Major Air Pollutants ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon dioxide
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Sulfur Oxide
Causes of Air Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
The industry is one of the major causes of Air pollution as it releases a large number of harmful gases, smoke.
- Burning of Fossil Fuels
The burning of fossil fuels is another reason for air pollution. When fossil fuels are burnt to produce energy, it also releases air pollutants such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide which causes global warming and increases air pollution.
- Construction Activities
Due to the increasing population, construction activities have increased a lot and with the increase of construction activities, pollution has also increased. Construction activities can pollute the environment and the natural resources available in the environment as large amounts of dust particles are released during construction.
- Vehicles and Transportation
Vehicles are also one of the major causes of Air Pollution as vehicles release greenhouse gases such as carbon monoxide which are the major air pollutants.
- Use of Pesticides and Fertilizer
Fertilizer is a chemical substance that is used to increase the growth and productivity of plants and pesticides are the chemical substances that are used to kill pests. The use of pesticides and fertilizer pollutes the air of the environment.
Effects of Air Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment)
- Air pollution has adverse effect on the human health as well as plants and animals. It causes different diseases such as lung cancer, heart disease, and many more.
- Air pollution also causes global warming and climate change.
- Air Pollution can also result to acid rain. Acid rain can cause adverse effects to plants and animals, humans.
- Air Pollution can result in the depletion of the ozone layer. Depletion of ozone layer allows UV rays to reach earth which can cause different diseases such as skin cancer.
- Air Pollution can affect the growth of crops and plants.
Control Measures of Air Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Use of Old Vehicles that releases smoke should be banned.
- Less use of electrical appliances.
- Afforestation campaign should be done and people should be made aware about it.
- Industries should be built far from human residence.
- Turning off the lights when not in use.
- Using fan instead of air conditioner.
- Plastic bags should not be used.
Water Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
The mixture of harmful and unwanted substances in water bodies like lakes, rivers, oceans that degrades the water quality is called water pollution. Almost 71% of the earth is filled with water where 97% of the water is salt water and only 1.2% of water can be used for drinking purposes. Due to this, fresh drinking water is not available at all the places due to which many people all around the world have faced a lot of problems. Clean and fresh drinking water is necessary for healthy life but there are many people who suffer scarcity of water every year.
Causes of Water Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Water Pollution is caused due to the industrial wastes, dust. As we know, due to the growing population the demand for different raw materials and basic needs such as food, shelter has increased a lot. And while fulfilling the demand of the growing population, industrial wastes should also be managed. But, not having proper waste management system leads to water pollution.
- Water pollution is caused due to the use of insecticides and pesticides. Pesticides are applied to increase the productivity of the crops and insecticides are applied to kill pests. Pesticides and Insecticides can mix with ground water and contaminate water.
- Water pollution is also caused by deforestation as it may lead to soil erosion. Deforestation near water sources can contaminate the available water sources.
- Global warming also causes water pollution. With the global warming, temperature will rise due to which water temperature will also increase which can cause difficulty for the survival of different aquatic animals.
- Water pollution is caused by discharge of unwanted wastes into rivers, lakes. It is the major reason for increasing water pollution. Due to not having proper waste management system, there are many water sources that has been polluted due to the discharge of unwanted wastes such as household wastes, medical wastes and many other.
Effects of Water Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Water pollution causes different disease such as hepatitis A, cholera, diarrhoea.
- Water pollution can also cause Air Pollution.
- Water Pollution has adverse effect on the life of aquatic animals.
- Water Pollution can also cause land pollution.
Control Measures of Water Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Washing Clothes and Bathing near the sources of water should be avoided.
- Industrial and medical wastes should be managed properly.
- Afforestation campaign should be encouraged near the sources of water.
- Reducing the use of chemical fertilizers.
- Establishing a habit to reuse items instead of throwing.
Noise Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
The unwanted or disturbing sound that has harmful effects on human beings, animals, and the environment is called Noise Pollution. Noise pollution is a major problem in some big cities where there are lots of crowds. Boise pollution can also have bad effects on the health of people causing different diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, increasing stress levels.
Causes of Noise Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Noise pollution is caused due to Construction Activities. As we know, lots of heavy instruments and vehicles are used during construction activities which produces large and unpleasant sound.
- Traffic Noise is also responsible for causing Noise Pollution.
- Industry are also responsible for Noise Pollution as various types of heavy equipments are used in Industry which produce large sound.
- Animals like dogs are also responsible for causing Noise pollution. Barking Dogs can produce 80-90 db.
- Crowdy Places such as social events, train stations are also responsible for causing Noise pollution.
Effects of Noise Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Noise Pollution can cause various disease such as heart disease, high blood pressure.
- Large intensity of sound can even cause hearing problems.
- Noise Pollution can also have impact on wildlife as most of the animals depend on hearing for their survival.
- Noise Pollution also decreases the concentration level.
- Noise pollution can also cause anxiety, headaches.
Control Measures of Noise Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
- Traffic Noise should be controlled. Use of Public vehicles should be encouraged.
- Crowdy places should be managed effectively. Proper rules and regulations should be implemented.
- Industry Should be built far from human settlement.
- Different rules should be implemented regarding horn to control Noise Pollution.
- People should be made aware about the effects of Noise Pollution.
Land Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
The deposition of harmful and poisonous substances that can affect the growth of plants and crops and also the health of living beings is known as land pollution. Land pollution is one of the major problems. Various natural, as well as human activities, are responsible for land pollution. Land pollution can also have severe effects on the health of the people as well as affect the growth of crops and plants. Land pollution can cause different diseases. To be safe from land pollution, we all should play our role to live a healthy life and maintain a pollution-free environment.
Causes of Land Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
1) Deforestation is the major cause of land pollution. Deforestation can cause climate change, soil erosion which is one of the major reasons for pollution.
2) Industrialization is another major cause of land pollution. With the increase in population, the demand for basic needs and facilities has also increased. So, to fulfill the demand and needs of the people, many industries have been established. Industrial wastes are one of the reasons for increasing land pollution.
3) Construction activities and medical wastes are also the cause of increasing land pollution.
4) Land Pollution is also caused by Acid Rain.
5) Land Pollution is also caused by the overuse of chemical fertilizers which decrease fertility and pollutes the air, water, and land.
Effects of Land Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
1) Land Pollution can cause water pollution.
2) The smell due to land pollution can also cause Air Pollution.
3) Land Pollution also decreases the fertility of the soil.
4) Land pollution cal also degrade the quality of the drinking water.
5) Land Pollution can cause different diseases.
Control Measures of Land Pollution ( Essay on Pollution of environment )
1) Afforestation should be done. People should be made aware of the importance of planting trees.
2) Use of Chemical Fertilizers should be limited.
3) Proper disposal of agricultural, medical, and industrial wastes should be done.
4) Reduce, Recycle and Reuse concept should be encouraged and people should be given proper knowledge about the management of wastes.
Essay on Pollution of environment
Global Warming is the unusual increase in the earth temperature due to the greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, methane which is released due to the burning of fossils fuels.
Causes of Global Warming
- Excessive use of fertilizers are also the cause of global warming. Fertilizers are the chemical substance that are used to increase the productivity of crops.
- Deforestation is another cause of global warming. When trees are cut down, carbon present in the trees are released in the form of carbon dioxide and as we know carbon dioxide is the green house gas which is responsible for global warming.
- Burning fossil fuels in also the cause of global warming.
- Industries are also the cause of global warming as lots of toxic and poisonous gases are released from the industries which are responsible for global warming.
- Vehicles and Transportation are also the cause of global warming. Vehicles like cars, buses and trucks release greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide which is responsible for Global Warming.
Effects of Global Warming
- Global Warming can cause various health problems. It can cause coughing, chest pain and many other diseases.
- Global warming can also degrade the quality of drinking water.
- Global warming can make difficult for the survival of the plants and animals.
- Global Warming can also cause floods.
Control Measures of Global Warming
- Less Use of Electrical Appliances. Electrical Appliances should be turned of when not in use.
- Afforestation should be done which is one of the best way to control Global Warming.
- Use of Renewable Sources of Energy should be encouraged.
- Concept of Reuse and Recycle should be encouraged.
Pollution has become one of the major issues in today’s world. People have suffered from different diseases due to pollution. With industrialization and urbanization, pollution has increased a lot. We all have to be aware of the effects of pollution and how it can affect our life. Government should make different plans to control pollution. Health is the most important thing and to live a healthy life, our environment must be free of pollution. We should give our individual efforts to control pollution. We must have to be aware of the effects of pollution before it’s late and also play our role in maintaining a healthy environment.
Hope you Liked the Essay on Pollution of environment and the types, causes, effects and control measures of pollution. If you liked Essay on Pollution of environment and its types, comment below.
Want to Know more About Us
Have any queries? Visit Contact US